Vegan Vanilla Cranberry Energy Bites
After lots and lots of gloomy days with rain and even snow (so crazy!), the sun has officially made her way to our little town here in Italy. Let the picnic games begin!
I have been absolutely obsessed with picnics since I was a little girl. My brother and I would wrap up any food that I saw lying around the house and then make an impromptu picnic in our backyard with worms and ants as our guests of honor. I specifically remember us getting in trouble every single time we did this because we would steal my moms “good sheets” from the closet to use as a blanket haha. Oh, those were the days!
When it comes to packing for a family picnic, you want to have plenty of snacks to go around plus a hearty sandwich or salad. That’s just the rule (or so I have made up in my head haha). This ensures that everyone is happily full and satisfied and there are no lingering feelings of, “Maybe we should stop here” or “Let’s just run into the store really quick for this or that.” Get that belly full of yummy plant-based foods and enjoy your day by the river, creek, ocean, grassy fields or just your local park! I know you are just going to adore these vegan vanilla cranberry bites.
Picnics over here are nothing short of extraordinary! However, I think my Chicago ones were just as great 🙂
Benefits of Almonds and Medjool Dates in snacks
- Excellent nutritional profile including 2 grams of protein, 7 grams of fiber, and a great source of potassium, magnesium, copper, manganese, iron and vitamin B6!
- Loaded with dietary fiber to keep you full and satisfied
- Loaded with antioxidants which protect your cells from free radicals, which are unstable molecules that may cause harmful reactions in your body and lead to disease.
- A low glycemic index which is great for blood sugar control
- Medjool dates have been proven to give you an immediate boost of energy (I use it for my pre-workouts!)
- Plus many other benefits!
- Just one ounce of almonds has 6 grams of protein, 3.5 grams of fiber, and a great source of Vitamin E, Manganese and Magnesium.
- Almonds are also loaded with antioxidants!
- Among the World’s best source of Vitamin E, which tend to build up in cell membranes in your body, protecting your cells from oxidative damage.\
- A superfood for those with diabetes due to the nutritional profile with assists with blood sugar control.
- The high magnesium content helps to lower blood pressure levels and improves insulin function.
- Consuming almonds helps your body to feel fuller, longer!
So now that we have talked about some of our amazing ingredients, let’s get blending and rolling!
- Food Processor
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/3 cup organic rolled oats
- 1/2 cup Medjool dates pitted
- 3 tbsp dried cranberries
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- Add almonds to a food processor and pulse until broken down into a meal.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and process until everything combines together and begins to form into a dough-like ball. Do not stop processing until this happens.
- Take 1 tbsp of the dough into your hand and roll into a ball. Repeat until all the dough is gone.
- Place the balls in a refrigerator or freezer safe container and let chill for an hour before enjoying. I like them frozen but you do not have to go this route, Martin prefers them in the refrigerator! I find that I eat way too many when they are not frozen haha.
In search of a Food Processor to make all of your vegan dessert dreams come true? Here are our top 3 picks:
- Now, listen. I LOVE my food processor. But I did not purchase this until I was already a recipe creator for 3 years and, in those three years, I saved up a heck of a lot of pennies. Once my original food processor died (you will see it below!), I decided to upgrade to this absolutely magnificent machine. Is this necessary for your kitchen? Probably not. BUT, if you are serious about creating recipes and have the budget, this is one that cannot be beat. P.s this has a THIRTY year warranty.
- Brushed stainless steel, 720-watts, large capacity….this is an absolute gem of food processors! I love how it all detaches like our magimix and makes creating AND removing easy. If you have ever had a food processor where the blades do not detach, then you know the struggle.
- So, sadly, our original food processor is no longer being sold (I find this a bit odd!), but this one is the closest that I could find for the price range, brand name, and quality. I always recommend going for the higher cup size (10-14 range), but this is a wonderful option for small families/singles/students. If budget is a concern and you are a larger family, go for the refurbished items before going down in size (I promise, a small cup size will drive you INSANE and you will kick yourself for not going bigger and refurbished!). So this has a stainless steel detachable blade, compact cover, spatula, extra large feed tube, and a 5 year motor warranty.
Find more healthy vegan recipes like these Super Simple Energy Bites when you join The WonderMamas Meal Plan Membership!
Check out our meal plans here!