Our Favorite Vegan Raspberry Chocolate Smoothie Bowl!
Jump to Recipe
Welcome back to the blog, Mamas! We have been having such crazy weather lately and it has turned us all a bit cranky.
Does gloomy weather do this to everyone or is it just us??
In order to combat the seasonal blues (and by blues I mean non-stop grey and rainy), we make the most out of each day!
Our favorite rainy day activities are devouring fun smoothie bowls like this one, playing in the rain, and non-stop cuddling. Partaking in these three activities in one day makes it so much better!
This smoothie bowl has turned every single frown upside down.
Why Smoothie Bowls Rock
- More filling than a smoothie with equal nutritional content (we like to add lots of veggies to our smoothies and bowls!)
- Additional toppings give so much bang for your buck: top with seeds, nuts, fruit and more for a truly glorious snack or light meal!
- You can turn ANY smoothie into a smoothie bowl; just use less liquid and/or more frozen fruit or organic oats!
Why Raspberries Rock
- Raspberries are loaded with fiber and this is amazing for feeling full and satisfied!
- Excellent source of Vitamin C and Manganese.
- Rich in B vitamins, folic acid, copper, and iron.
- Raspberries have the highest concentration of antioxidant strength amongst all fruits. This is due to its high concentration of anthocyanins, ellagic acid, anthocyanins, gallic acid, quercetin, cyanidin, catechins, pelargonidin, kaempferol, and salicylic acid.
- Due to all of these amazing nutritional benefits, these berries aid in weight loss, skin health and boosting your immune system.
Why Almond Butter Rocks
- Antioxidants and Vitamin E which aid in lowering cholesterol.
- High in magnesium to promote the flow of blood, oxygen and important nutrients.
- Aids in stabilizing blood sugar.
- Low-glycemic index and protective antioxidants; great for diabetics as it does not cause a sharp increase in blood sugar and insulin.
- Eating just a handful of almonds or a few tablespoons of almond butter helps lower the risk of developing gallstones in females.
This is our go-to Sunday Morning smoothie bowl. The mixture of cocoa powder, raspberry, and almond butter is just to die for!
Vegan Raspberry Chocolate Smoothie Bowl
Our Favorite Vegan Raspberry Chocolate Smoothie Bowl!Print Pin Rate
- 1 cup Frozen Raspberries
- 3/4 Cup Non-Dairy Milk
- 1 Frozen Banana
- 1 tbsp Almond Butter
- 1 tbsp Cacao Powder
- 1 tsp Cacao Nibs
- 1 tsp coconut shreds
- Blend until Creamy. Add Toppings and Enjoy!
Sodium: 47mg | Calcium: 167mg | Vitamin C: 27mg | Vitamin A: 386IU | Sugar: 13g | Fiber: 8g | Potassium: 528mg | Calories: 187kcal | Saturated Fat: 1g | Fat: 8g | Protein: 6g | Carbohydrates: 27g | Iron: 2mg
In search of a High Speed Blender to make all your pancake/smoothie/dessert dreams come true? Here are our top 3 picks:
Our Current Blender: The Vitamix Explorian Blender
- It took me 3 years to choose this blender haha. I’m not even joking. I was so afraid of the price. So, instead, I purchased two other blenders in those 3 years that, low and behold, BROKE. The plant based lifestyle will wreak havoc on most blenders so you must choose a high quality one with a WARRANTY. The Explorian is one of the most inexpensive vitamix options but it still works great. I use it multiple times a day, every single day, and all of the recipes are from this beauty! Check out deals around Black Friday – you can usually snag one of these for under 200USD. For my European followers: Get ready to pay MORE than North America. I’m not sure why, but vitamix in Europe is double the price (which is actually more than double because we pay in euros/pounds/etc).
Blendtec Classic Fit Blender
- I have never owned a Blendtec, but I did live with someone who had one and it was pretty amazing. Never understood why it didn’t come with a tamper (?) but it does work beautifully. I am pretty biased with my years of experience with the vitamix over the Blendtec, but the price point is fantastic and there are TONS of videos out there comparing the two.
- I had a Ninja blender for years and years before I found the plant based lifestyle (or it found me). Prior to going plant based, I loved to make smoothies on a daily basis (still do today!). However, my smoothies were much *kinder* to the blender than today. While having owned both, I could just (and never would) compare a Ninja to a Vitamix – the difference is staggering. However, if you are just looking to blend up some oats, make light smoothies, or create epic dressings? Then go ahead and choose this one!