Vegan Avocado and Parsley Chimichurri Sauce
To be honest, I do not know what I love most about this refreshing and delicious Vegan Avocado and Parsley Chimichurri Recipe; the color, the taste or the versatility! Martin and I were juicing some parsley and celery the other day and I had the sudden urge to recreate this sauce. I haven’t had the pleasure of devouring my grandmother’s homemade (super oil-packed but delicious all the same) Chimichurri recipe in YEARS and I just had to have it right at that moment!
I grabbed a few avocados, a handful of parsley and got to work.
We tested out about 4 different recipe varieties before settling on this one but I have to tell ya, EVERY single one was delicious! While the taste is on the lighter side of the traditional chimichurri sauce, it was just divine. There is no way that anyone can mess up this sauce. I highly recommend having fun with it and adding anything that you would like. Maybe next week I will add in some spinach, broccoli or even hot peppers!
For reference, the traditional chimichurri recipe is as follows: 1/2 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup parsley, 3 tbsp red wine vinegar, 4 garlic cloves, 2 tbsp oregano, 2 tsp crushed pepper, and sea salt/pepper.
The color of this Vegan Avocado and Parsley Chimichurri Sauce is gorgeous!!!
[/fusion_text][fusion_separator style_type=”none” hide_on_mobile=”small-visibility,medium-visibility,large-visibility” class=”” id=”” sep_color=”” top_margin=”20″ bottom_margin=”20″ border_size=”” icon=”” icon_circle=”” icon_circle_color=”” width=”” alignment=”center” /][fusion_text columns=”” column_min_width=”” column_spacing=”” rule_style=”default” rule_size=”” rule_color=”” hide_on_mobile=”small-visibility,medium-visibility,large-visibility” class=”” id=””]
Benefits of Avocado and Parsley
- While most fruits are high in carbohydrates, avocados are high in wonderful healthy fats!
- Avocados are very nutritious and contain a wide variety of nutrients, including 20 different vitamins and minerals.
- High in Vitamin K, Folate, Vitamin C, Potassium, Vitamin B5 & B6, and Vitamin E!
- Contain more potassium than bananas!
- Avocados tend to be rich in fiber — about 7% by weight, which is very high compared to most other foods. Fiber may have important benefits for weight loss and metabolic health.
- EXCELLENT source of Vitamin C.
- Parsley is a nutritional powerhouse with vitamins A, B, C and K and the minerals iron and potassium.
- Fantastic to kill bloat and reduce water weight.
- It’s a natural diuretic, which helps to eliminate excess fluid without depleting the body of potassium.
- Aids in balancing blood sugar, helping with long-term weight balance. It also plays a key role in preventing the degenerative effects of diabetes on the liver.
So now that we have talked about some of our amazing ingredients, let’s get blending!
Homemade Vegan Chimichurri Sauce with Avocado and Parsley
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 4 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 ripe avocadoes
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 6-8 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4-1/2 cup water
- sea salt & pepper, to desired taste
- Prep parsley and mince garlic.
- Add all ingredients to blender and blend until smooth. Taste test and adjust.
- Play around with the sea salt and pepper until it is just right. Add a pinch of crushed red peper if you wish!
- Store in an airtight mason jar in the refrigerator for up to 1 week!
p.s. If you dig this recipe, try out these other hits!