Ready to level up on breakfast with the addition of some delicious baked or steamed sweet potatoes? You will not regret it! These vegan sweet potato breakfast bowls are oil free, delicious, nutritious, and quite addicting.
I love to make a big batch of either steamed or baked sweet potatoes for the week when I am craving this breakfast. When we have the sweet potato already cooked – the recipe comes together in NO time. It’s also nice to have cooked sweet potatoes on hand for delicious sweet potato muffins or pancakes too!
All this recipe takes is a bake – mash – and mix. Top with either raw or toasted pecans.
Love this Vegan Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowl? Check out these other amazing breakfast treats!
What you will need for the Vegan Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowl:
Crushed Pecans to top
- 1 large sweet potato peeled, diced and steamed
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp all spice
- Pinch of sea salt
- crushed pecans raw or toasted
- Steam the peeled and diced sweet potato until tender, about 10 minutes. (alternately, you can microwave or bake).
- Drain and mash the sweet potato in a small saucepan and add in all of the listed ingredients (except for the pecans). Cook the mixture over medium heat for 10 minutes until the oats are nice and tender. Taste test and adjust to your preferred sweetness/spice level. Top with some delicious raw or toasted crushed pecans. Enjoy!
- If you have the time, I like to pour my oats (with the pecans on top) and bake at 375F/190C for just a few minutes until a tad crispy. I don't know why, but this just takes it to the next level of yummy. Drizzle extra maple syrup on top.