Fettucine Alfredo has been one of my all-time favourite comfort dishes since I was a child. Playing around and creating this fall-inspired replica for our community has been a dream! My children enjoyed every last bite as well and even asked for seconds. Could it get any better?
Are you ready to take the amazing flavour of pumpkin and turn it into a creamy pasta dish?! I know I am! Today’s recipe is creamy, filling, packed with flavour, and comes together in under 15 minutes.
All it takes is a….
Whisk – Boil – Mix – Serve!
*p.s. If you want to learn how to make your very own homemade pumpkin puree, check out our latest blog post here. I promise you, homemade is so much better than the canned stuff and a GREAT way to avoid food waste from all of those “decoration pumpkins”. Woo hoo!
The best part about this healthy dinner recipe is the time: it could take as little as the cooking time on the package of your fettuccine noodles. While the pasta cooks, just whisk, boil, simmer, and then mix it all together! As a busy mom of two energetic little boys, this is a dream!
What you will need to make this Vegan Pumpkin Pasta:
Pumpkin Puree (Fresh or canned – Fresh is always best)
Canned Coconut Milk
Check out these other amazing fall inspired dinner recipes!
Broccoli and Butternut Squash Buddha Bowl
Beet & Pomegranate Buddha Bowl
Creamy Vegan Pumpkin Pasta
- 16 oz fettuccine
- 14 oz can coconut milk
- 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp dried rosemary or thyme
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Hemp/Pepita Seeds to garnish
- Cook pasta noodles according to the package directions.
- In a saucepan, add the coconut milk, pumpkin puree, herbs and garlic powder and bring the heat to medium. Whisk very well and then add in the sea salt and pepper. Taste test and adjust as needed.
- Raise the heat to medium-high. Once it begins to simmer, reduce the heat for just a few minutes to thicken up. 5 minutes should be fine.
- Drain the pasta and then mix well with the pumpkin cream sauce.
- Serve in 4 serving bowls and garnish with seeds. I love to serve with this some slices of sourdough bread.
Looking to lower your waste while prepping? Check these out!
Compostable & Unbleached Parchment Paper
Find more healthy vegan recipes like this Homemade Vegan Nutella when you join The WonderMamas Meal Plan Membership!
Click on the image above or click here!