Vegan White Bean Basil Dip
Our garden is STOCKED with fresh basil and fresh parsley and I have been having a blast whipping up new and exciting dips for the boys and I to enjoy! This one is packed with basil, white beans, lemon and garlic. How delicious does that sound?
I love using cannellini beans for this specific dip because they are so moist and lovely to blend, but you can also use garbanzo beans and great northern white beans. My recommendation is to cook the garbanzo beans at home for dips because you have the full power to cook them a bit longer to soften them up a bit more! I love to use my instant pot and I will soak them first and then pressure cook them for 12 minutes. Once finished, they are at the perfect tenderness to blend into a delicious oil-free dip.
Tahini is optional but I do recommend using at least a tbsp of it. I love the earthy taste of tahini, so I will usually add more as the processor is mixing the dip together. It is all up to you!
Love this Vegan White Bean Basil Dip? Check out these other amazing treats!
Vegan Cheese Sauce Loaded with Veggies!
In search of a Food Processor to make all of your vegan dip and sauce dreams come true? Here are our top 3 picks:
- Now, listen. I LOVE my food processor. But I did not purchase this until I was already a recipe creator for 3 years and, in those three years, I saved up a heck of a lot of pennies. Once my original food processor died (you will see it below!), I decided to upgrade to this absolutely magnificent machine. Is this necessary for your kitchen? Probably not. BUT, if you are serious about creating recipes and have the budget, this is one that cannot be beat. P.s this has a THIRTY year warranty.
- Brushed stainless steel, 720-watts, large capacity….this is an absolute gem of food processors! I love how it all detaches like our magimix and makes creating AND removing easy. If you have ever had a food processor where the blades do not detach, then you know the struggle.
- So, sadly, our original food processor is no longer being sold (I find this a bit odd!), but this one is the closest that I could find for the price range, brand name, and quality. I always recommend going for the higher cup size (10-14 range), but this is a wonderful option for small families/singles/students. If budget is a concern and you are a larger family, go for the refurbished items before going down in size (I promise, a small cup size will drive you INSANE and you will kick yourself for not going bigger and refurbished!). So this has a stainless steel detachable blade, compact cover, spatula, extra large feed tube, and a 5 year motor warranty.
What you will need for this Vegan White Bean Basil Dip:
Vegan White Bean Basil Dip
- Food Processor
- 2 cans white beans I chose to use cannellini beans
- 1 handful fresh basil stems removed. I use a big handful!
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and pressed
- 2 tbsp lemon juice About 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tbsp tahini Feel Free to use more!
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- Place all of the ingredients into a food processor and process until smooth. Taste test and adjust to your desired preference. Enjoy with carrots, cucumber, celery, or even rice cakes!