Vegan Pecan Pie Mini Cups
Welcome back, mamas! Today’s vegan plant-based recipe are these Pecan Pie Mini Cups.
I absolutely adore pecan, and this healthy pecan, sort of pie, in mini cups is perfect for the holidays. It’s a healthy version of a festive pecan pie, it has no refined sugar, it’s gluten-free, dairy-free and full of nutrients!
These cute mini cups are the perfect size. They could be a delicious healthy snack or a good breakfast idea. Also, they’re great to be served at a holiday party if you are visiting family or friends. I think they would also be perfect as a small gift, you can put them in a little box and give them away instead of Christmas cookies for example.
This can also be a nice activity to do with your kids and family. You can never go wrong with some healthy holiday baking.
I absolutely love all things pecan. But sometimes I just don’t have time to make an entire pie (I know – sad) so I was really determined to find an easy and healthy way to make something similar to the traditional pecan pie, but with a little twist. It tried different recipes and this one is absolutely a winner. Everyone loved it, even the kids!
Unlike most desserts, these pecan pie minis cups are sooo easy to make. This recipe has only a few ingredients and you basically only need to put them all in a blender. You can also make them in cupcakes wrappers, make a huge batch and store it in the freezer for later use, or simply in the fridge.
I would love to know if you decide to make this! Enjoy!
What you will need to make these delicious and adorable vegan pecan pie mini cups:
Check out these other amazing plant-based desserts!
Vegan Breakfast Cranberry Muffins
Homemade Vegan Nutella
The Best Chickpea Cookie Dough Ever!
- Raw pecans pack a 1-2-3 punch of protein, healthy fats, and fiber that can help keep you energized and satisfied. Pecans are a good source of calcium, magnesium, and potassium, which help lower blood pressure. Most of the fat found in pecans is a healthy type called monounsaturated fat.
- Apart from being a delicious spice, cinnamon has lots of amazing properties. It is loaded with antioxidants and has amazing anti-inflammatory properties, which can help to make your body hostile to viruses and other diseases. It also helps with hormone regulation!
- Some call it one of the most powerful plant foods on the planet. There’s some evidence it may help reduce your risk of heart disease, cancer, stroke, and diabetes. It is rich in Omega-3 essential fatty acids, “good” fats that have been shown to have heart-healthy effects. Lignans, which have both plant estrogen and antioxidant qualities, and fiber.
- ¾ cup dates soaked overnight
- 1 cup pecan nuts soaked overnight
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp milled flaxseed
- 10-15 pecans for topping
- Preheat the oven to 220 C (430 F). Place soaked pecans and dates into a blender, along with maple syrup and cinnamon. Blitz until the mixture is smooth.
- Transfer it into a bowl and fold in the flaxseed. Scoop the “filling” into ramekins and top with whole or crushed pecans.
- Bake for 10 minutes and enjoy hot or chilled!
Find more healthy vegan recipes like these Vegan Pecan Pie Cups when you join The WonderMamas Meal Plan Membership!
Click on the image above or click here!