Nourishing & Healthy Vegan Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Oil-Free Cream Dressing
Hey folks, and welcome back to the blog! Today, I am thrilled to share a brand new delicious and nutritious plant powered meal with you! All you need are a few simple ingredients from the produce section and oh-so-yummy spices. I always recommend choosing high quality spices to make your meals pop even more – it’s so worth the effort.
So here’s how we tackle today’s vegan & healthy recipe:
Bake – Blend – Stuff – Drizzle!
Find more heartwarming recipes like these Vegan Stuffed Sweet Potatoes below:
Vegan Harvest Bowl with Turmeric Dressing
Vegan Beet and Pomegranate Bowl with Cashew Creme
- Cauliflower is an excellent source of vitamins and minerals, containing some of almost every vitamin and mineral that you need!!
- Sweet Potatoes are highly nutritious. They are a great source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals and promote gut health, which is great for your immune system. It’s also a great food to stock up with as it lasts quite long without going bad.
- Chickpeas are an excellent source of protein, which has a variety of health benefits, ranging from weight management to bone health. They are a great choice for vegan and non-vegans alike!
What you will need for these nourishing fall vegan stuffed sweet potatoes…
Vegan Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 1 Onion sliced
- 4 Sweet Potatoes 1 for each person
- 1 small Cauliflower head chopped into florets
- 1 can Garbanzo beans rinsed/drained
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 2-3 Handfuls Salad greens
- 1/2 cup Tahini
- 3 tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 Garlic cloves Crushed
- 3 Medjool dates pitted (or maple syrup / sugar of choice)
- 3/4 tsp Sea salt
- 3/4 cup Water
- Preheat the oven to 400F/200C.
- Wash and pierce sweet potatoes, rinse/drain garbanzo beans, chop onion, and slice cauliflower into florets. Toss the beans and florets in paprika and cumin powder.
- Place the chopped onion, sweet potatoes, cauliflower and beans into the oven as is and bake for 45-50 minutes, until the sweet potatoes are fork tender.
- Blend tahini sauce. Taste and adjust.
- Once potatoes are done, slice in half. Stuff with equal parts onion, cauliflower florets, garbanzo beans, salad greens, and a nice drizzle of the tahini sauce.
In search of a High Speed Blender to make all your DIY recipe dreams come true? Here are our top 3 picks:
Our Current Blender: The Vitamix Explorian Blender
- It took me 3 years to choose this blender haha. I’m not even joking. I was so afraid of the price. So, instead, I purchased two other blenders in those 3 years that, low and behold, BROKE. The plant based lifestyle will wreak havoc on most blenders so you must choose a high quality one with a WARRANTY. The Explorian is one of the most inexpensive vitamix options but it still works great. I use it multiple times a day, every single day, and all of the recipes are from this beauty! Check out deals around Black Friday – you can usually snag one of these for under 200USD. For my European followers: Get ready to pay MORE than North America. I’m not sure why, but vitamix in Europe is double the price (which is actually more than double because we pay in euros/pounds/etc).
Blendtec Classic Fit Blender
- I have never owned a Blendtec, but I did live with someone who had one and it was pretty amazing. Never understood why it didn’t come with a tamper (?) but it does work beautifully. I am pretty biased with my years of experience with the vitamix over the Blendtec, but the price point is fantastic and there are TONS of videos out there comparing the two.
- I had a Ninja blender for years and years before I found the plant based lifestyle (or it found me). Prior to going plant based, I loved to make smoothies on a daily basis (still do today!). However, my smoothies were much *kinder* to the blender than today. While having owned both, I could just (and never would) compare a Ninja to a Vitamix – the difference is staggering. However, if you are just looking to blend up some oats, make light smoothies, or create epic dressings? Then go ahead and choose this one!
Find more healthy vegan recipes like these Vegan Stuffed Sweet Potatoes when you join The WonderMamas Meal Plan Membership!
Our Whole Food Plant Based Meal Plans have been created for families that are looking to stop stressing in the kitchen and get healthy the easy way! Our recipes are always kid-approved and you will be able to explore hundreds of recipes instantly when you sign up and be able to get prepping right away.