Healthy Vegan Brownies in 30 Minutes!
Craving something as decadent and moist as brownies but don’t feel like dealing with the sugar/oil/processed crap high afterwards? Don’t worry, I got you covered! These healthy vegan brownies are a beautiful mixture of chickpeas (garbanzo beans) and almond butter that mesh together like you wouldn’t believe. Enjoy!
Bonus: These are 100% cruelty-free!
Love these Healthy Vegan Brownies? Check out these other amazing treats!
In search of a High Speed Blender to make all your pancake/smoothie/dessert dreams come true? Here are our top 3 picks:
- It took me 3 years to choose this blender haha. I’m not even joking. I was so afraid of the price. So, instead, I purchased two other blenders in those 3 years that, low and behold, BROKE. The plant based lifestyle will wreak havoc on most blenders so you must choose a high quality one with a WARRANTY. The Explorian is one of the most inexpensive vitamix options but it still works great. I use it multiple times a day, every single day, and all of the recipes are from this beauty! Check out deals around Black Friday – you can usually snag one of these for under 200USD. For my European followers: Get ready to pay MORE than North America. I’m not sure why, but vitamix in Europe is double the price (which is actually more than double because we pay in euros/pounds/etc).
- I have never owned a Blendtec, but I did live with someone who had one and it was pretty amazing. Never understood why it didn’t come with a tamper (?) but it does work beautifully. I am pretty biased with my years of experience with the vitamix over the Blendtec, but the price point is fantastic and there are TONS of videos out there comparing the two.
- I had a Ninja blender for years and years before I found the plant based lifestyle (or it found me). Prior to going plant based, I loved to make smoothies on a daily basis (still do today!). However, my smoothies were much *kinder* to the blender than today. While having owned both, I could just (and never would) compare a Ninja to a Vitamix – the difference is staggering. However, if you are just looking to blend up some oats, make light smoothies, or create epic dressings? Then go ahead and choose this one!
What you will need for these Healthy Vegan Brownies
Vegan Chocolate Chips
Fun Options to Add In!
Healthy Vegan Brownies
- 1 can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup almond butter any nut/seed butter can be substituted
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips 85 grams dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder or cacao powder
- 1/3 cup maple syrup can sub for packed medjool dates (pitted)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract alcohol free options available
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Pinch Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 350F/175C. Line a baking sheet or baking dish, as you wish, with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Blend all ingredients together. Taste test and adjust. If adding nuts or sprinkles, add these after the blending has completed. Simply stir in.
- Pour into the baking dish and spread out with a spatula until even.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!