Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Welcome back, beautiful people! Today’s recipe is this creamy Roasted Red Bell Pepper Hummus.
This delicious recipe is a twist on the traditional hummus recipe, which doesn’t feature roasted red bell pepper. It is so creamy and so packed with flavor that it’s the perfect dip to eat with your veggies!
I’m always on the hunt for good spreads or dips, to eat with veggies or plant-based chips. And this one is an amazing option if you love hummus. It’s so easy to make, you need less than 10 ingredients and a food processor! You really can’t go wrong with this one.
Process & Serve!
We love hummus so much at our house, and if you are one of those people too, you will want to try this one.
It’s the perfect healthy snack, it’s high in protein, high in fiber and the ingredients are packed with vitamins and immune-boosting properties. Plus, it’s fully plant-based and dairy-free, but still super creamy and smooth. I made a batch and let me tell you, it didn’t last as long as I would have liked. It’s an amazing way to increase the amount of veggies and your family’s diet.
Also, I love how versatile hummus is. For example, I think it goes very well with salads, it makes them so creamy and you won’t even need to add any other seasoning sometimes.
Try it out with veggies and chips, but also try adding it to salads or other dishes that would go amazing with it and let me know how it turns out!
What you will need to make this Delicious Roasted Red Pepper Hummus:
Roasted Red Bell Peppers
Check out these other amazing snacks!
- Bell peppers are rich in many vitamins and antioxidants, especially vitamin C and various carotenoids. For this reason, they may have several health benefits, such as improved eye health and reduced risk of several chronic diseases.
- Cumin has many evidence-based health benefits. Some of these have been known since ancient times, while others are only just being discovered. Using cumin as a spice increases antioxidant intake, promotes digestion, provides iron, may improve blood sugar control and may reduce food-borne illnesses.
- We love chickpeas on this blog! They are a great source of vitamins, minerals and fiber. Overall providing many benefits to your plant-based diet. Chickpeas may offer a variety of health benefits, such as improving digestion, aiding weight management and reducing the risk of several diseases. Most important of all, they are high in protein, making it a staple for a plant-based diet.
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- Food Processor
- 1 jar roasted red peppers about ¾ cups
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 lemon juiced
- ¼ cup tahini well stirred
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ tsp cumin
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 tbsp water or more as needed
- Extra Bell Peppers
- Add the tahini and lemon juice to the food processor and process until a cream is formed. Scrape down the sides if needed.
- From here, add in the garlic (peeled and crushed), cumin, and sea salt. Process again.
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas and add to the food processor. Process until very smooth and creamy. Add water as needed.
- Lastly, add the bell peppers and process for 2 minutes until smooth. Add extra water here if needed as well. Taste test and adjust with sea salt/pepper or even extra lemon.
- Serve with sliced veggies and/or crackers.
In search of a Food Processor to make all of your vegan snack dreams come true? Here are our top 3 picks:
- Now, listen. I LOVE my food processor. But I did not purchase this until I was already a recipe creator for 3 years and, in those three years, I saved up a heck of a lot of pennies. Once my original food processor died (you will see it below!), I decided to upgrade to this absolutely magnificent machine. Is this necessary for your kitchen? Probably not. BUT, if you are serious about creating recipes and have the budget, this is one that cannot be beat. P.s this has a THIRTY year warranty.
- Brushed stainless steel, 720-watts, large capacity….this is an absolute gem of food processors! I love how it all detaches like our magimix and makes creating AND removing easy. If you have ever had a food processor where the blades do not detach, then you know the struggle.
- So, sadly, our original food processor is no longer being sold (I find this a bit odd!), but this one is the closest that I could find for the price range, brand name, and quality. I always recommend going for the higher cup size (10-14 range), but this is a wonderful option for small families/singles/students. If budget is a concern and you are a larger family, go for the refurbished items before going down in size (I promise, a small cup size will drive you INSANE and you will kick yourself for not going bigger and refurbished!). So this has a stainless steel detachable blade, compact cover, spatula, extra large feed tube, and a 5 year motor warranty.
Find more healthy vegan recipes like this Roasted Red Pepper Hummus when you join The WonderMamas Meal Plan Membership!
Click on the image above or click here!