Homemade Vegan Energy Bars
Let’s cut right to the chase. How much money have you spent on energy bars, protein bars, raw vegan bars, etc? If you are anything like me, it’s A LOT. I went to the shop yesterday and ONE raw vegan brownie bar (I’m sucker for brownie bars) cost 1.98 euros. If I was in Chicago, it’d be more like $2.50 USD.
That is a ton of money spent on little bites of heaven that you can 100% make yourself! Today we are going to show you how to make an epic brownie like chocolate energy bar that is packed with protein and healthy fats. The medjool dates and figs are there to give you a HUGE burst of energy. If you haven’t already jumped on the medjool date train, I urge you to do so. Just magical!
Love these Homemade Vegan Energy Bars? Check out these other amazing treats!
Goji Berry and Mixed Nut Energy Balls
Cranberry Vanilla Energy Bites
In search of a Food Processor to make all of your vegan dessert dreams come true? Here are our top 3 picks:
Our Current Processor: The Magimix
- Now, listen. I LOVE my food processor. But I did not purchase this until I was already a recipe creator for 3 years and, in those three years, I saved up a heck of a lot of pennies. Once my original food processor died (you will see it below!), I decided to upgrade to this absolutely magnificent machine. Is this necessary for your kitchen? Probably not. BUT, if you are serious about creating recipes and have the budget, this is one that cannot be beat. P.s this has a THIRTY year warranty.
The Cuisinart 14-cup Food Processor
- Brushed stainless steel, 720-watts, large capacity….this is an absolute gem of food processors! I love how it all detaches like our magimix and makes creating AND removing easy. If you have ever had a food processor where the blades do not detach, then you know the struggle.
Cusinart 7 Cup Food Processor
- So, sadly, our original food processor is no longer being sold (I find this a bit odd!), but this one is the closest that I could find for the price range, brand name, and quality. I always recommend going for the higher cup size (10-14 range), but this is a wonderful option for small families/singles/students. If budget is a concern and you are a larger family, go for the refurbished items before going down in size (I promise, a small cup size will drive you INSANE and you will kick yourself for not going bigger and refurbished!). So this has a stainless steel detachable blade, compact cover, spatula, extra large feed tube, and a 5 year motor warranty.
What you will need for these Homemade Vegan Energy Bars
- 13 Medjool Dates Pitted
- 1 cup mixed nuts
- 1/2 cup dried figs
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- Pinch sea salt
- Remove the pits from the medjool dates and add to a food processor with rest of the ingredients. Process until a dough is formed.
- Grab a small baking dish and line with parchment paper. Pour the dough into the pan and press down to flatten. Be sure to press down until fully packed and even. I like to use the bottom of a glass.
- Set in the refrigerator overnight. Slice into bars the next day. You can individually wrap these or simply slice and remove as you wish.
Looking to lower your waste while prepping? Check these out!
Compostable & Unbleached Parchment Paper