Must Try Homemade Vegan Nutella!
Absolutely love Nutella but tired of all the crap that lies inside the delicious taste? Yep. Me too.
So, we decided to make our own. This recipe is sure to please and, as always, taste test and adjust to YOUR liking. You may need extra chocolate, extra medjool dates, or even an extra pinch of salt. Do what works for your own taste buds with this perfect Nutella base recipe!
Here in Italy, Italians love their Nutella like they love their pasta. It’s a big deal and almost all of them eat it no matter what’s inside. They put it on everything, even pizza (the plain one, without tomato sauce and cheese. You have to try it one day, it’s amazing!).
So when I gave this vegan Nutella to my Italian friends they were all skeptical at first, but they loved it! They said that it tasted amazing and they immediately asked for a jar to take home. I was so happy!
The key to making the creamiest vegan Nutella is to roast the hazelnuts first but you do not have to. If you are raw vegan, simply process until nice and creamy. It will still taste amazing and will pair beautifully with anything you wish to use it on!
For those who will be roasting the hazelnuts, I do recommend soaking them first, patting dry, and roasting. Using a kitchen towel, rub as many skins off as you can (no need to be perfect) and then blend up. Enjoy!
Love this Homemade Vegan Nutella?
Check out these other amazing DIY treats!!
In search of a Food Processor to make all of your vegan dessert dreams come true? Here are our top 3 picks:
- Now, listen. I LOVE my food processor. But I did not purchase this until I was already a recipe creator for 3 years and, in those three years, I saved up a heck of a lot of pennies. Once my original food processor died (you will see it below!), I decided to upgrade to this absolutely magnificent machine. Is this necessary for your kitchen? Probably not. BUT, if you are serious about creating recipes and have the budget, this is one that cannot be beat. P.s this has a THIRTY year warranty.
- Brushed stainless steel, 720-watts, large capacity….this is an absolute gem of food processors! I love how it all detaches like our magimix and makes creating AND removing easy. If you have ever had a food processor where the blades do not detach, then you know the struggle.
- So, sadly, our original food processor is no longer being sold (I find this a bit odd!), but this one is the closest that I could find for the price range, brand name, and quality. I always recommend going for the higher cup size (10-14 range), but this is a wonderful option for small families/singles/students. If budget is a concern and you are a larger family, go for the refurbished items before going down in size (I promise, a small cup size will drive you INSANE and you will kick yourself for not going bigger and refurbished!). So this has a stainless steel detachable blade, compact cover, spatula, extra large feed tube, and a 5 year motor warranty.
What you will need to make Homemade Vegan Nutella:
Vegan Chocolate Chips (Can also use cacao/cocoa powder)
Homemade Vegan Nutella
- Food Processor
- Non-dairy milk as needed
- Add the hazelnuts to a large jar and cover with water. Pop into the refrigerator to soak overnight. We want these to soak for at least 8 hours!
- Come the next morning, rinse the nuts well and pat dry with a kitchen towel. If you see any bad hazelnuts in the mix, toss those out now.
- Preheat the oven to 400F/200C and roast the hazelnuts for 13-15 minutes, until fragrant. Remove from heat and allow to cool just for a minute.
- Add the warm hazelnuts to a food processor with all of the remaining ingredients
- Process on high until smooth. Scrape down the sides as needed.
- If the mixture is too dry, add in 1/4 cup of non-dairy milk at a time as the food processor is running. Do not over milk it!
- Once nice and smooth, transfer to a mason jar with a tight lid. Store in the refrigerator. Will keep for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
Looking to lower your waste while prepping? Check these out!
Find more healthy vegan recipes like this Homemade Vegan Nutella when you join The WonderMamas Meal Plan Membership!
Click on the image above or click here!
Pin this recipe here!