Nothing like stealing some raspberries off of Mommy’s epic vegan raspberry morning smoothie!
There are days where I am just not in the mood to cook breakfast even if it is only 5 minutes of work. I just want to fill up on beautiful and delicious fruits until my heart and belly are content.
Turn a “regular smoothie” into an “epic smoothie”
A regular smoothie will never fill me up the way a cooked breakfast will, but there is a trick to turn a “regular smoothie” into an “epic smoothie”.
It’s all about the add-ins. When I know that the smoothie is my main source of energy for the morning, I load that beauty up with pretty much all the goodies that I can think of.
Here are a few examples that you can use:
- Almond butter (about 1 tbsp)
- Hemp seeds/chia seeds/flax meal (anywhere between 1 tsp to 1 tbsp)
- Spirulina / Moringa / Ginger
- Various lovely greens like cucumbers, kale, spinach, romaine lettuce, etc.
Vegan Raspberry Morning Smoothie
Simple, Nutritious and Delicious!Print Pin Rate
- High Speed Blender
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup spring water
- 1 ripe banana
- A large handful of pineapple chunks
- 1 heaping cup frozen raspberries
- 1 tsp each chia seeds hemp seeds, and flax meal
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- Hemp Seeds
- Extra Berries
- Cacao Nibs
- Coconut Shreds
- Add to a high speed blender and blend until smooth! This will have an ice cream consistency. Pour into serving bowls and top with extra berries, coconut shreds or even cacao nibs.
Every Sunday I decide on which smoothie our family will be enjoying for the week and create 7 smoothie bags filled with the fruits and veggies that will be blended. For this week I simply had 1 banana, 1 handful of pineapple and 1 handful of raspberries in each bag. You can easily throw in a handful of greens as well but we were really feeling some bright colors this week due to the gloomy weather we have been having. ? Once the morning arrives, simply toss the frozen fruits/veggies into the blender with your plant milk and add-ins and blend! This saves a ton of time and avoids extra dishes. p.s. if you like this, you may want to check out our full smoothie page packed with delicious smoothie recipes!
Sodium: 128mg | Calcium: 532mg | Vitamin C: 112mg | Vitamin A: 1286IU | Sugar: 107g | Fiber: 22g | Potassium: 1758mg | Calories: 731kcal | Saturated Fat: 1g | Fat: 17g | Protein: 17g | Carbohydrates: 142g | Iron: 5mg
In search of a High Speed Blender to make all your pancake/smoothie/dessert dreams come true? Here are our top 3 picks:
Our Current Blender: The Vitamix Explorian Blender
- It took me 3 years to choose this blender haha. I’m not even joking. I was so afraid of the price. So, instead, I purchased two other blenders in those 3 years that, low and behold, BROKE. The plant based lifestyle will wreak havoc on most blenders so you must choose a high quality one with a WARRANTY. The Explorian is one of the most inexpensive vitamix options but it still works great. I use it multiple times a day, every single day, and all of the recipes are from this beauty! Check out deals around Black Friday – you can usually snag one of these for under 200USD. For my European followers: Get ready to pay MORE than North America. I’m not sure why, but vitamix in Europe is double the price (which is actually more than double because we pay in euros/pounds/etc).
Blendtec Classic Fit Blender
- I have never owned a Blendtec, but I did live with someone who had one and it was pretty amazing. Never understood why it didn’t come with a tamper (?) but it does work beautifully. I am pretty biased with my years of experience with the vitamix over the Blendtec, but the price point is fantastic and there are TONS of videos out there comparing the two.
- I had a Ninja blender for years and years before I found the plant based lifestyle (or it found me). Prior to going plant based, I loved to make smoothies on a daily basis (still do today!). However, my smoothies were much *kinder* to the blender than today. While having owned both, I could just (and never would) compare a Ninja to a Vitamix – the difference is staggering. However, if you are just looking to blend up some oats, make light smoothies, or create epic dressings? Then go ahead and choose this one!