Creamy Vegan Cauliflower Soup
Welcome back to my blog Mamas! Cold weather calls for yet another creamy vegan oh-so-amazing soup! This one with cauliflower will help you get all those greens in, without even noticing.
Even if it doesn’t seem possible, it’s getting cold here in Italy. And I’m always craving some comfort food, the creaminess and warmth of some good old soup will do the trick and it’s amazing, especially if you don’t follow a plant-based diet,
This Cauliflower Soup is a great way to get a good amount of fiber and vitamins that are required in a well-balanced diet. But apart from that, is so yummy and full of flavor that you won’t even realize you are eating veggies!
Sauté – Simmer – Blend – Serve!
I’m always looking for that one recipe that I can always fall on when I want to make something special but easy and nourishing. Everyone needs that one recipe in their back pocket for specific occasions, this soup is perfect for when you are looking for something packed with flavor and super healthy.
The base for this comforting bowl of soup starts with the amazing veggie that is cauliflower, which it’s amazing on its own. However the other ingredients really bring the flavor in. We have garlic, which apart from having great health properties, makes this soup soo yummy. The cashew and the onion give it those earthy notes that immediately make it comfort food, but healthy,
Something that I also try to do is making my own veggie broth. It’s a good use of vegetable scraps leftover from the week and it’s much more flavorful than store-bought. It’s really easy to make a good one, just add all the vegetables in a big pot of water, add salt and a little bit of pepper and let it simmer for about one hour.
My little secret to make the perfect batch of veggie broth is roasting 2 halves of an onion for a couple of minutes, and add it to the veggies for the broth!
Enjoy this bowl of creaminess and let me know how it turns out if you try it!
What you will need to make this Delicious Vegan Creamy Cauliflower Soup:
Apple cider vinegar
Check out these other amazing fall inspired soup recipes!
Creamy Vegan Carrot Apple Soup
Vegan Chicken-Less Noodle Soup
- This veggie has many great nutrients. It is high in fiber, which encourages healthy gut microbiota, which is really important in order to maintain a healthy gut, which many believes is the key to a healthy body. Cauliflower is also high in choline, a nutrient needed by our body to guarantee the correct function of our brain and nervous system, to regulate memory, mood, muscle control, and other functions.
- Packed With Nutrients. Onions are nutrient-dense, meaning they’re low in calories but high in vitamins and minerals. They were historically used as a preventative medicine during epidemics of cholera and the plague. They were apparently eaten by Roman emperor Nero as a cure for colds, and its reputation has made onions a popular component in the diets of many countries.
- This veggie has received a lot of attention as a ‘superfood,’ with supporters claiming that celery juice helps combat a range of ailments, including inflammation, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol. In fact, celery Celery is rich in vitamins and minerals with a low glycemic index. You’ll enjoy vitamins A, K, and C, plus minerals like potassium and folate when you eat celery. It’s also low in sodium. Plus, it’s low on the glycemic index, meaning it has a slow, steady effect on your blood sugar.
Vegan Creamy Cauliflower Soup
- 1 head cauliflower broken into florets
- 1 white onion peeled, chopped
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 2 cloves garlic whole, peeled
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chilli flakes
- Fresh herbs
- Balsamic glaze
- Heat a medium non-stick frying pan. Add onions, garlic, celery and 1-2 tbsp of water. Saute these veggies on high heat for 2-3 minutes or until onions become translucent.
- Transfer sauteed veggies into a large pot. Add cauliflower florets, cashews and vegetable broth. Bring the contents to boil, then turn the heat down to medium and let your soup simmer for about 15-20 minutes or until cauliflower is nice and soft.
- Transfer your soup into a blender (or use an impact blender), add apple cider vinegar and blitz for 2-3 minutes, making sure the mixture is nice and smooth. Top with your preferred toppings and enjoy!
Looking to lower your waste while prepping? Check these out!
Compostable & Unbleached Parchment Paper
Unfortunately, cleaning the paper is having the opposite effect on the environment. The most common bleaching agent – chlorine dioxide (ClO2) – occurs naturally as a component of salt, but once it separates from it’s natural pair it begins to cause problems. The paper bleaching process deposits chlorine in the lakes and streams where mills are most commonly located, and once there it bonds with organic matter in the form of dioxins. Dioxins are a group of highly toxic chemicals that are thought to pose negative effects on reproductive and immune system development, as well as cause several kinds of cancers. According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, there is no safe level of dioxin exposure.
Find more healthy vegan recipes like this Vegan Creamy Cauliflower Soup when you join The WonderMamas Meal Plan Membership!
Click on the image above or click here!