The BEST Homemade Vegan Cream Cheese!
I grew up loving cream cheese. I would add it to my bagels, pizza, sandwiches, and even dip veggies into it. My taste buds just could not get enough.
When I made the swap to a plant based lifestyle, I immediately missed the cream cheese. I used store bought substitutes but, my goodness, did those add up on the receipt. Lucky for you, I figured out how to make it at home and it’s way better than any store bought. Another bonus? It saves money AND you can add extra ingredients to make it perfect for YOU!
Nowadays, when I lather on my homemade vegan cream cheese onto toast with all the fixings like you see above, my belly doesn’t ache, I no longer break out, and I feel energised vs sluggish. Plant power, baby. It’s a miracle.
For fun additions to this recipe, try adding everything bagel seasoning, a mix of different herbs, etc. I love to browse the cream cheese section at the local shops and see what new flavours they have and then recreate them in my kitchen! I’m such a cooking nerd haha.
Love this Homemade Vegan Cream Cheese?
Check out these other amazing DIY treats!!
Vegan White Bean Basil Dip
Homemade Vegan Parmesan Cheese
Plant Powered Vegan Cheese Sauce
In search of a High Speed Blender to make all your DIY recipe dreams come true? Here are our top 3 picks:
Our Current Blender: The Vitamix Explorian Blender
- It took me 3 years to choose this blender haha. I’m not even joking. I was so afraid of the price. So, instead, I purchased two other blenders in those 3 years that, low and behold, BROKE. The plant based lifestyle will wreak havoc on most blenders so you must choose a high quality one with a WARRANTY. The Explorian is one of the most inexpensive vitamix options but it still works great. I use it multiple times a day, every single day, and all of the recipes are from this beauty! Check out deals around Black Friday – you can usually snag one of these for under 200USD. For my European followers: Get ready to pay MORE than North America. I’m not sure why, but vitamix in Europe is double the price (which is actually more than double because we pay in euros/pounds/etc).
Blendtec Classic Fit Blender
- I have never owned a Blendtec, but I did live with someone who had one and it was pretty amazing. Never understood why it didn’t come with a tamper (?) but it does work beautifully. I am pretty biased with my years of experience with the vitamix over the Blendtec, but the price point is fantastic and there are TONS of videos out there comparing the two.
- I had a Ninja blender for years and years before I found the plant based lifestyle (or it found me). Prior to going plant based, I loved to make smoothies on a daily basis (still do today!). However, my smoothies were much *kinder* to the blender than today. While having owned both, I could just (and never would) compare a Ninja to a Vitamix – the difference is staggering. However, if you are just looking to blend up some oats, make light smoothies, or create epic dressings? Then go ahead and choose this one!
What you will need for The BEST Vegan Cream Cheese!:
Cashews (Yes you can sub for sunflower seeds!)
Unsweetened Non-dairy Yogurt
Sea Salt & Pepper
5 Minute Vegan Cream Chese
- 2 cups cashews soaked overnight, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup unsweetened non-dairy yogurt
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 lemon juiced (4 tbsp)
- 1/2 tsp dill
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Soak the cashews overnight or in boiling water for 20 minutes. Even with a high speed blender, I find this helps a LOT with extra creaminess.
- Rinse and drain the cashews. Add all ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until smooth. Taste test and adjust as needed.
- Use the cream cheese on bagels or even delicious plant based sandwiches. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to a week.
Looking to lower your waste while prepping? Check these out!
Compostable & Unbleached Parchment Paper
Find more healthy vegan recipes like this Homemade Vegan Cream Cheese when you join The WonderMamas Meal Plan Membership!
Click on the image above or click here!
Pin this recipe here!