Easy Vegan Grocery Guide
We have created the ultimate easy vegan grocery guide to support you on your plant-based journey!
This easy vegan grocery guide is an excellent place to start.
Beginning on a whole food plant-based vegan journey is so much easier than most think. We simply stick to eating whole foods, including minimally refined and non-processed foods, and steer clear of animal-based products including meat, dairy, and eggs.
Before you get scared away by thinking about how challenging this lifestyle might be, let’s lay out a few of the amazing benefits that come from switching over to the plant side.
Click the photo below to snag your FREE Vegan Guide!
Benefits of Eating Whole-Food Plant-Based
There’s no surprise here, a plant-based whole foods lifestyle can seriously boost your health. Countless scientific studies show the effects of a veganism whole foods diet, controlling and even reversing many chronic illnesses. Veganism can reduce your risk for numerous diseases on the rise, such as Type 2 Diabetes, Cancer, and Heart Disease.
Even if you’re not currently suffering from any major illness; veganism and the whole-foods lifestyle is often attributed to an increase in energy, overall fitness levels, and anti-inflammatory health benefits.
My personal favorite benefit of eating plant-based besides how amazing I feel is the environmental impact I am making with my family. I love viewing animals as friends, not as food or nourishment, and finding new better sustainable ways to lessen my carbon footprint in every aspect of my family’s life.
Switching to a whole foods plant-based lifestyle may seem daunting, but it is actually simple when you have the right tools for the transition. That is why you need to keep this easy grocery guide in your back pocket for whenever you need guidance! (bookmark this one friend!)
Here is a free downloadable grocery list so you can get everything you need to sustain a vegan, whole foods, plant-based meals on your next trip to the grocery store. I’ve got you covered!
Our Favorite Family Meal Prep Recipes!
Now you may be wondering… What can my family and I eat when switching to a vegan lifestyle?
Now that you have your vegan grocery guide, let’s chat recipes.
There are so many delicious ways to make all of your family’s favorite foods, vegan. I do not feel like I am missing out on anything food-wise because I have created practically a book of easy, delicious recipes that my family loves.
Here’s a sample of what we eat in a day to give you an idea:
Breakfast: My Super Simple Vegan Breakfast Squares
Who doesn’t love chocolate cake for breakfast? My boys call these breakfast squares “chocolate cake” and request these almost every day. Little do they know, they have secret nutrients hidden inside, such as flaxseed.
Lunch: Vegan Green Goddess Buddha Salad Bowl
My lunch staple usually revolves around some sort of bowl or salad. I have been obsessed with Green Goddess Dressing, so I finally created my own and WOW… I would eat this every single day if I could!
Dinner: Garam Masala Coco Carrot and Rice
The new highly requested dinner this past couple of weeks is the Garam Masala Coco Carrot and Rice. I whipped this up a few weeks ago after not going to the grocery store for about 13 days (a new record for me) and having also a little too many carrots left. This is a delicious, kid-approved way to sneak in those extra veggies.
Dessert: No-Bake Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
And last, but certainly not least, if you have a little sweet tooth at the end of the night, these no-bake cookies are the cure. They’re super simple to make and a surefire way to satisfy everyone’s craving in the family.
If you want to skip the vegan recipe research and make simple kid-approved meals for your whole family easily, join me in the Wonder Mamas Family Meal Plan Program for weekly meal plans! These meal plans will help you save time, money, and above all, save you from the stress of the never-ending question “What’s for dinner, mom?”
Benefits of Family Meal Planning
I believe that meal planning is the key to living a sustainable, healthy, vegan lifestyle. Without it, I’d always be stressed about what we will eat next and what’s in my pantry. I started meal planning to save myself from the seemingly million trips to the grocery store every week, and now I want to share my vegan family style recipes with all mamas.
Some benefits of meal planning:
- Save time: Don’t waste time going to the grocery store before every meal – know what you need the first time with a full weekly grocery list.
- Save money: How many times have you gone to the store for a few veggies and walked out with another week’s worth of random foods? By planning in advance, you can get what you NEED and skip out on the extra fluff that happens to catch your eye.
- Reduce stress: Stop worrying about what the next meal is and start knowing what every meal provides! Save your brain the mental energy by planning in advance, so you can get back to enjoying in fact your day-to-day family life, instead!
If you have yet to download Our FIVE page Vegan Grocery List please do so below!
Tips and Tricks For Meal Planning
My top tips and tricks…
- Plan your meals first… and then make your grocery list.
- Don’t forget about snack time! Plan in a possible snack for the kids (and yourself!) that you can make ahead of time and store in the fridge.
- Ask your family for input. I love letting my kids pick out one or two meals weekly, so they feel included and excited to eat their choice.
- Keep it simple. Don’t make it complicated by trying to make four-course vegan meals every night, five-ingredient meals go a long way with the same satisfaction.
- Meal Prep When Needed. If you have time to cook every meal, that’s great! If you don’t meal prep in advance however as much as possible eventually, you won’t be able to avoid those hunger-induced temptations.