Fully Loaded Vegan Black Bean Burger Recipe
Sometimes you just need a good old fashion veggie burger!
This fully loaded vegan black bean burger recipe hits the spot every time.
I love serving these black bean burgers with a side of oven-baked potatoes or our favorite quinoa salad!
This recipe has quickly become a family favorite, and if you are anything like us, you’ve tried your fair share of vegan burgers.
Our vegan black bean burger recipe knocks it out of the park, and the kids absolutely love it too.
We also love to experiment with toppings such as sauteed mushrooms, vegan cheeses, and it tastes lovely with a dollop of my famous green goddess dressing.
This fully loaded vegan black burger recipe is perfect for making in large batches and can be kept stocked up in your freezer for your family to enjoy for lunch and dinner!
What you will need for this vegan black bean burger recipe…
Pepita seeds or sunflower seeds
Fully Loaded Black Bean Burger Recipe
- Food Processor
- 1 cup Rolled oats
- 1 can Black beans rinsed and drained
- ½ Onion chopped
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 1 Flax egg 1 tbsp flaxseed + 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Tomato paste
- 2 tbsp Pepita seeds or sunflower seeds
- ⅓ cup Canned corn
- ½ tsp paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- ¼ cup Fresh parsley minced
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Start by mixing together the flaxmeal and water in a small bowl. Whisk and set aside to combine.
- Heat a skillet to medium-high heat and sauté the onion and garlic with 1/4 cup of water or vegetable broth. Let heat until the onion is transluscent. Turn stove off and set aside.
- Add rolled oats to a food processor and process until a flour is formed. Rinse and drain your black beans and add 3/4 cup of black beans to the food processor with the sautéed onions and garlic, flax egg, soy sauce, tomato paste, sunflower/pepita seeds, corn, spices, and parsley. Process until well mixed.
- Lastly, toss in the remaining black beans and pulse 4-5 times until combined.
- Keep the mixture in the food processor bowl and simply set in the refrigerator for 20 minutes until a bit firm. From here, shape the mixture into patties and either bake at 350F/175C for 25 minutes (flipping half way) or simply heat on a skillet.
- Serve with a toasted bun, veggies and whatever else you love with your burgers!
- Black beans are one of our favorite whole-food plant-based protein sources. They taste amazing and can adapt to many different recipes. One cup of black beans estimates around 15 grams of protein. Black beans are also rich in fiber and folate. Enjoy in abundance!
- These seeds are full of nutrient value! We love to top them with all our salads and they taste great in a vegan black bean burger recipe like this one. They are high in iron, zinc magnesium and help prevent inflammation in the body.
- Flaxseed is an excellent source of omega-3! A simple quick flax egg recipe is 1 tbsp flaxseed meal and 2 1/2 tbsp of water. Whisk and set aside for 5 minutes till thick. This will make one flax egg. Find my favorite flax meal here.
Ways to garnish your burger…
- Try out different bun styles: Mushroom caps, lettuce, collards or eggplant!
- Top with: Tomato, avocado, sprouts, grilled Onions, mushrooms, banana Peppers or pickles!
- Get fancy: Vegan cheese, spreads/sauces, sauerkraut, kimchi or chili Sauce
- Kid’s favourite: KETCHUP!
Find more healthy vegan recipes like this Fully Loaded Vegan Black Bean Burger Recipe when you join The WonderMamas Meal Plan Membership!
Our Whole Food Plant Based Meal Plans have been created for families that are looking to stop stressing in the kitchen and get healthy the easy way! Our recipes are always kid-approved and you will be able to explore hundreds of recipes instantly when you sign up and be able to get prepping right away.
Check out our membership here.
Find more healthy vegan family-style recipes below:
Cauliflower and Broccoli Stir Fry
Vegan Green Goddess Buddha Bowl