Blueberry Banana Smoothie Recipe
This healthy blueberry banana smoothie is just what you need as your mid-morning snack to boost your energy!
It is one of my favorite recipes to make in the Spring when the air is starting to warm up, and you need a refreshing smoothie in hand.
Not only will this blueberry banana smoothie make a great snack, but it is also perfect for a quick healthy plant-based breakfast! I unquestionably love the convenience in the morning and enjoy how easy this Blueberry Banana Smoothie is to make.
This recipe is full of antioxidants and gives you the nutrients you need to kick off your day. The kids love this recipe too!
This delicious blueberry banana smoothie recipe will come together in under 10 minutes with minimal ingredients that you already likely have stocked up in your kitchen.
What you will need for this blueberry banana smoothie recipe…
Kale or baby spinach
Vegan yogurt (coconut yogurt is great)
Medjool dates, pitted
Flax seeds/hemp seeds/chia seeds as you wish
Blueberry Banana Smoothie
- 1 cup Spinach destemmed and washed
- 1 cup Frozen blueberries or berries of choice
- 1 ripe Banana
- ¾ cup Non-dairy
- ½ cup Vegan Yogurt coconut yogurt is great
- 2-3 medjool dates Pitted
- 1 tbsp Flax seed or hempseeds/chia seeds as you wish
- Blend until smooth. Drink immediately.Enjoy!
- Blueberries are one of the healthiest fruits around! They are packed with healthy nutrients such as fiber, vitamin C, vitamin K and manganese. They are also busting with antioxidants to protect our bodies from free radicals. It also should be noted that blueberries have one of the highest antioxidant levels compared to other fruits and veggies.
- Kale is a cruciferous vegetable and rich in nutrients! Kale’s nutritional profile includes a sound source of potassium, chlorophyll, calcium, vitamin C, vitamin K, and iron. Kale promotes bone and eye health. As well as helping aid digestion and improve skin, hair and nails.
- This leafy green is delicious, and we try to include in our diet as much as possible due to its incredible nutritional value. Spinach is full of fiber as well as a beautiful abundance of vitamins and minerals. Spinach includes vitamin C, vitamin K, carotenoids, folic acid, iron and calcium. This leafy green is a staple in our household!
- Flaxseed is an excellent source of omega-3! We love to include in baking, smoothies and oatmeal recipes. 1 tablespoon of flaxseed will give you a healthy dose of 1.3 grams of protein, fiber, B vitamins and, of course, omega-3 fatty acids!
Find more healthy vegan recipes like this Blueberry Banana Smoothie when you join The WonderMamas Meal Plan Membership!
Our Whole Food Plant Based Meal Plans have been created for families that are looking to stop stressing in the kitchen and get healthy the easy way! Our recipes are always kid-approved and you will be able to explore hundreds of recipes instantly when you sign up and be able to get prepping right away.
Check out our membership here.
Find more smoothie recipes below:
Vegan Raspberry Morning Smoothie