Creamy Vegan Carrot and Apple Soup Recipe
Hello beautiful and welcome back to the blog! Im am so excited to share this recipe from our whole food plant based meal plan program. I just know you will love it.
As a mama, I’m always looking for healthy, budget-friendly and quick recipes to make for my family, and this creamy vegan carrot and apple soup recipe fits all those needs. A bowl of this carrot and apple soup will warm the soul and fill your kiddo’s bellies with healthy plant-based goodness. If you love a velvet smooth, creamy soup, this recipe will become a household fave.
We’ve also recently planted carrots in our garden and can’t wait for them to grow to be able to harvest and enjoy in a home-cooked bowl of this tasty carrot and apple soup recipe!
This smooth and creamy soup recipe will come together in 25 minutes and is perfect for batch cooking and freezing.
What you will need for this creamy vegan carrot and apple soup recipe…
Creamy Vegan Carrot Soup
- 5 carrots medium to large in size, peeled and diced
- 2 sweet apples peeled, cored, and diced
- 1 fennel bulb large and chopped
- 6 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup cashews soaked in boiling water for 20 minutes
- 1 tbsp ginger peeled and minced
- 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup hemp hearts
- 3 slices toast stale and chopped into cubes
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- sea salt
- Soak the cashews overnight in the refrigerator or for 30 minutes in boiling water if a high speed blender is not available.
- Grab a large stock pot and heat to medium-high heat. Add ¼ cup water and the chopped fennel. Sauté the fennel, adding water as needed, until the fennel is slightly brown.
- While the fennel sautés, peel and chop the carrots and apples. Add the apples, carrots, and vegetable broth and bring the soup to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cool for 20 minutes, until the carrots and apple have softened.
- Blend the soup. I prefer to use the blender over the immersion blender to get the creamiest soup possible. Add the rinsed and drained cashews as soon as the blending begins. You may have to blend the soup in two batches if your blender is small (like mine!).
- Return the soup to the pot and add in the grated ginger. Feel free to squeeze some lemon in now as well. Season with sea salt and pepper.
- The bread (can be any kind) must be a day old or a bit stale for best taste. Simply dice up into small cubes and toss into a heated skillet with 1 tbsp vegan butter, and a pinch of sea salt and pepper. Cook until golden brown and crispy!
Serving the Soup
- Add the blended soup to each serving bowl and top with hemp hearts and yummy homemade croutons. Enjoy!
Find more heartwarming recipes below:
Vegan Chicken-less Noodle Soup
Vegan Butternut Squash Thyme Soup
Juice Ginger for An Entire Month
- Cashews are bursting with vitamins and minerals! They are a excellent source of protein, vitamin C, B and folate. Also, cashews reduce the risk of many health conditions such as heart health, weight management and bone health. Also, including wonderful vitamin E and K antioxidants.
- Carrots are apart of the root vegetable family! Also, carrots are bursting with beta carotene, fiber, vitamin K1, potassium, and antioxidant. Beta Carotene is an essential vitamin that converts into vitamin A.
- Apples are a very healthy fruit! They are jammed packed vitamins A, E and B vitamins! Also an excellent source of fiber, potassium and vitamins C! We encourage keeping apples fully stocked in a household.
Find more healthy vegan recipes like this Vegan Carrot and Apple Soup recipe when you join The WonderMamas Meal Plan Membership!
Our Whole Food Plant Based Meal Plans have been created for families that are looking to stop stressing in the kitchen and get healthy the easy way! Our recipes are always kid-approved and you will be able to explore hundreds of recipes instantly when you sign up and be able to get prepping right away.
Check out our membership here.