Antioxidant Boosting Smoothie
This powerful antioxidant smoothie is perfect for any day of the week and any season. I couldn’t recommend adding naturally occurring antioxidants found in fruits and vegetables to your plates enough for a healthy and happy body ♥️.
In the beginning, I was pretty confused on what antioxidants were and why I needed them on my plate. I hope I can break it down for you as simply as possible.
There is a process in the body called oxidation that produces unstable chemicals. These chemicals are called free radicals. These free radicals damage cell membranes and other important structures in our body. Free radicals have been linked to many diseases including heart disease and certain cancers.
The amazing antioxidants are compounds that scavenge and neutralize the free radicals. Magic!!!
Love this Antioxidant Boosting Smoothie?
Check out these other amazing treats!
3 Delicious Low Sugar Smoothies
In search of a High Speed Blender to make all your smoothie dreams come true? Here are our top 3 picks:
Our Current Blender: The Vitamix Explorian Blender
- It took me 3 years to choose this blender haha. I’m not even joking. I was so afraid of the price. So, instead, I purchased two other blenders in those 3 years that, low and behold, BROKE. The plant based lifestyle will wreak havoc on most blenders so you must choose a high quality one with a WARRANTY. The Explorian is one of the most inexpensive vitamix options but it still works great. I use it multiple times a day, every single day, and all of the recipes are from this beauty! Check out deals around Black Friday – you can usually snag one of these for under 200USD. For my European followers: Get ready to pay MORE than North America. I’m not sure why, but vitamix in Europe is double the price (which is actually more than double because we pay in euros/pounds/etc).
Blendtec Classic Fit Blender
- I have never owned a Blendtec, but I did live with someone who had one and it was pretty amazing. Never understood why it didn’t come with a tamper (?) but it does work beautifully. I am pretty biased with my years of experience with the vitamix over the Blendtec, but the price point is fantastic and there are TONS of videos out there comparing the two.
- I had a Ninja blender for years and years before I found the plant based lifestyle (or it found me). Prior to going plant based, I loved to make smoothies on a daily basis (still do today!). However, my smoothies were much *kinder* to the blender than today. While having owned both, I could just (and never would) compare a Ninja to a Vitamix – the difference is staggering. However, if you are just looking to blend up some oats, make light smoothies, or create epic dressings? Then go ahead and choose this one!
What you will need for this delicious smoothie!
- Apart from being full of anti-oxidants, blueberries have many other benefits, for instance consuming a small portion of berries daily can help in strengthening the metabolism and prevent any kind of metabolic syndrome and deficiency
- Chia Seeds Deliver a Massive Amount of Nutrients With Very Few Calories. They are loaded with antioxidants, they help with digestion, as almost all the carbs in them are fiber and are a great source of protein. They are a staple in a vegan diet.
Powerful Antioxidant Blueberry Smoothie
- High Speed Blender
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 banana peeled
- 2 oranges peeled
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Blend in a high speed blender until smooth. Serve and enjoy!
Looking to lower your waste while prepping? Check these out!
Compostable & Unbleached Parchment Paper
Find more healthy vegan recipes like this Antioxidant Boosting Smoothie when you join The WonderMamas Meal Plan Membership!
Click on the image above or click here!