Jump to Recipe
The weather is warming up (finally!) and I think it is time to bust out some delicious salads!!
The best part of this salad is the dressing – isn’t it always?! This dressing is made with peanut butter (can sub for any nut/seed butter), ginger, garlic, soy sauce, and a pinch of sugar. You will be HOOKED!
The Low Down On Soba Noodles
Soba noodles are an amazing source of fiber which helps us to feel full and satisfied! This is truly the key to a wonderful salad. They can be eaten both hot and cold and are wonderful for salads (like the one here) or soups! Authentic soba noodles are made with 100% buckwheat which is an ancient grain that provides us with amino acids, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
Manganese (important for bone health, glucose metabolism, and wound healing)
Thiamin (needed for energy metabolism and healthy cell growth and function)
Protein (One cup of cooked soba noodles contains 6 grams of protein)
High in Soluble Fiber
These noodles are extremely digestible and support cardiovascular health while also being about half of the calories as typical white starch noodles.
Pick up some soba noodles today and let’s get cooking!
Vegan Soba Noodle Salad
- 1 packet of soba noodles
- 2-3 scallions
- 1 carrot julienned
- 1 zucchini julienned
- 1 bell pepper sliced into thin strips
- Greens of choice optional / roughly chopped and tossed
- Nori Sheets Sliced thin
- Sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup peanut butter creamy
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 inch ginger minced
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 3 tbsp water
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil.
- While waiting, start prepping the salad! Simply slice and dice.
- Once the water is boiling, toss in soba noodles (I like to crack them in half). Cook for 6 minutes.
- Prep dressing.
- Once noodles are done, rinse under slightly cool water. If you want your noodles cold, use colder water. If you want them to stay warm, use warmer.
- Rinse and drain well.
- Toss dressing with all of the veggies and noodles! Serve