The BEST Homemade Vegan Apple Cider!
It’s getting a bit chilly in our old apartment and you know what that means: It’s time to move into the kitchen haha. Yes, we live quite old school over here in Italy. When the cold weather strikes, we run to the kitchen and bake lots of homemade treats and boil endless amounts of apple cider to keep us warm. The heat from the stove works wonders in our little kitchen and all the warm food in our belly puts us right in hibernation mode. Slow living. It makes me sleepy haha.
P.s. Love simple recipes like this? Head to our Recipe Only Instagram Page Here!
Check out these other amazing DIY treats!!
What you will need for The BEST Homemade Apple Cider:
Homemade Vegan Apple Cider
- 4 Green Apples Cored and chopped
- 4 Red Apples Cored and Chopped
- 1 Large Orange Optional but recommended
- 12 cups Water
- 2 large Cinnamon Sticks
- 1 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup Can substitute for brown sugar or even date syrup if you wish.
- Rinse and scrub the apples. Core and chop and toss into a large stock pot with the remaining ingredients.
- If using the orange: Rinse, scrub and chop. No need to remove the skin.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer for 2 hours. Stir every so often.
- After 2 hours, taste test and adjust to your liking. Strain well and serve warm. Enjoy!
Find more healthy vegan recipes like this Homemade Vegan Apple Cider when you join The WonderMamas Meal Plan Membership!
Click on the image above or click here!
Pin this recipe here!