Homemade Vegan Gnocchi
Dinner is served! Homemade Vegan Gnocchi is not only one of my absolute favorite pasta dishes, but it is one of my favorite meals under 20 minutes! You can use white potatoes, sweet potatoes, Okinawa potatoes and even pumpkin for this recipe! There are so many options and each one is its own masterpiece.
Healthy, Filling and Kiddo approved.
Simply lather in your favorite pasta sauce or whip up your own in no time. I love to sprinkle with hemp seeds and even top with garbanzo beans or grilled tempeh! One of our favorite homemade pesto sauce for this recipe can be found here and it is phenomenal to pair with this gnocchi recipe!
I highly suggest making a nice big batch of the gnocchi and then storing the unused ones in the freezer. Simply lay the pasta out on a silicone mat sprinkled with some extra flour (or parchment paper) and freeze until set. Be sure the gnocchi is spread out far enough as to not touch. Allow the gnocchi to sit out at room temperature to dry for about 45 minutes and then transfer to the freezer to set for 3 hours. Once set, transfer the gnocchi to a large freezer-safe bag and store for up to 2 months! No need to thaw when ready to cook, just be sure to use lots of salted water and bring to a rumbling boil before tossing in.
Enjoy, loves. This one will be your new go-to soul food recipe!
Watch The How To Video Here:
Homemade Vegan Gnocchi
- 2 pounds potatoes peeled, boiled and mashed
- 3 cups of flour gluten-free, whole wheat or all-purpose
- Sea salt
- Pasta Sauce
- Mash up those potatoes and then add the flour and combine well. Begin to knead and keep kneading until it is a nice beautiful dough (you may think it's too crumbly at first with the GF flour, but just keep kneading and I promise it will be perfect).
- Grab a handful of the dough and begin to roll into a long rope. Slice into 1-inch pieces and repeat until you have used all of the dough. Grab a fork and lightly indent each piece to have the typical Gnocchi look!
- Bring a pot of water to a boil (adding a dash of sea saland toss the gnocchi in. Boil for 2-3 minutes until all of the little guys are floating on the top. Pour into a mesh strainer and then mix with your favorite sauce.
- I love to garnish mine with hemp seeds and even some roasted garbanzo beans!
If you dig this recipe, you may also like:
- Plant-Based Veggie Packed Pasta Sauce: Two Ways!
- Vegan Butternut Squash Soup
- Three Vegan Meals in One: Mexican Style!