Super Simple Cranberry Orange Walnut Salad
Welcome back to the blog, Mamas! Today I would like to share with you all a beautiful salad that Martin and I have really come to love: This Cranberry Orange Walnut Salad. A mixture of cranberries, clementines, walnuts, pomegranate seeds, bright greens, and the most deliciously creamy tahini dressing. Heaven in a bowl.
What I love most about this salad is that anything goes. You can easily add in a cup of beans, swap out the fruits, change up the dressing, or even top it with some homemade croutons! Super versatile and yummy in every way.
As you may notice from the photo, we opted to toss in some pomegranate seeds to the salad on this specific day. It is so delicious but not necessary (I know how much work goes into removing the seeds from one of these bad boys so proceed with caution haha!).
Benefits of Walnuts and Tahini in your Salad!
- A rich source of fiber which promotes a healthy digestive system.
- Great source of Omega-3’s. Woohoo! 2.5 grams per 1 ounce.
- The polyphenols in walnuts can help fight this oxidative stress and inflammation!
- It contains many vitamins and minerals including iron, calcium, selenium, and they’re a good source of most of our B vitamins and vitamin C.
- High in antioxidants. The highest of any other nut!
- Full of healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals like Thiamine, Vitamin B6, Phosphorous and Manganese.
- 50% of the fat in tahini comes from monounsaturated fatty acids. These have anti-inflammatory properties and have been linked to a decreased risk of chronic disease.
- Tahini contains antioxidants called lignans, which help prevent free radical damage in your body and may reduce your risk of disease!
Cranberry Orange Walnut Salad
- 4-5 handfuls mixed greens of choice Lettuce, spinach, romaine , iceberg, etc.
- 3 clementines Peeled and divided (seeds removed if needed)
- 1 cup walnuts crushed
- 1/4 cup Dried Cranberries Add more if you wish!
- 2 carrots Peeled and shredded
- 1/4 cup pepita or hemp seeds
- 1/3 cup tahini well stirred
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/8-1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp water or non-dairy milk
- Add all dressing ingredients to blender and blend until smooth. Taste test and adjust. Set aside.
- Prep salad: Peel and shred/grate the carrots, dice the salad greens if need be, crush the walnuts, and add all to a large salad bowl and toss in the orange tahini dressing.
- Enjoy! Feel free to add in a cup of garbanzo beans, sliced tofu, croutons, or anything else you would like.
- Feel free to switch out the fruit as well - blueberries are delicious in this salad!
Like this recipe? Check out these other favorites!
- Pomegranate Sweet P Salad
- Beet and Cashew Cream Salad
- Broccoli and Mashed Butternut Squash Buddha Bowl
- Veggie Packed Pineapple Tofu Salad
This post may contain affiliate links to products linked. We only link products that we know and trust!