Vegan Cauliflower and Broccoli Stir Fry
Welcome back to the blog! Today we are sharing a super random recipe that we accidentally created by forgetting to turn the food processor off haha! I never thought of making cauliflower and broccoli into a bowl of mixed rice but it turned out great!
The entire meal is super simple to knock out because of the use of a food processor. You can also just slice and dice until your veggies resemble rice! Toss into a large pot with all of the added veggies and then cook until slightly brown. Drizzle the dressing all over and serve. Voila!
Vegan Cauliflower and Broccoli Stir Fry has so many benefits!
Benefits of Cauliflower and Broccoli
- Naturally high in fiber
- Its ingredients may help strengthen bones, boost the cardiovascular system, and prevent cancer.
- One cup of raw cauliflower will provide 77 percent of daily vitamin C needs, 20 percent of daily vitamin K needs and 10 percent of daily vitamin b6 and folate!
- Cauliflower contains Choline. Choline is an important and versatile “vitamin-like factor” in cauliflower that helps with sleep, muscle movement, learning, and memory.
- Great source of vitamin K and C!
- Broccoli contains vitamins B1, B2, B3, B6, iron, magnesium, potassium, and zinc.
- Low in calories and high in fiber
Vegan Cauliflower and Broccoli Rice with Stir Fry Sauce!
Super simple food processor recipe that comes together in under 20 minutes!Print Pin Rate
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 head cauliflower, large roughly chopped
- 1 head broccoli, large roughly chopped
- 1.5 cups corn Canned, frozen or fresh
- 1.5 cups peas
- 1 can garbanzo beans rinsed and drained
Stir Fry Sauce
- 1 tbsp ginger minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp blackstrap molasses
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1.5 tbsp cornstarch
- Hemp seeds
- Green onions
- Crushed peanuts or cashews
- Sliced cherry tomatoes
- Blend the dressing together and set aside.
- Grab a large stock pot and saute the chopped onions and minced garlic with about 1/4 cup water over medium-high heat.
- In a food processor, add the roughly chopped cauliflower and pulse until a rice is formed. Once the onion and garlic has sauteed, add in the cauliflower rice. Heat the cauliflower for 5 minutes, stirring well.
- Now go ahead and add in the roughly chopped broccoli. Process until a rice is formed and add to the stock pot with the cauliflower. Add in the peas, garbanzo beans, and corn and mix well. Pour stir fry sauce all over and toss.
- Cook the stir fry for an additional 5-10 minutes, depending on the texture you wish to achieve. I like my stirfry well cooked and brown. Yummy!!
- Top with sliced tomatoes, hemp seeds, green onions, and even some crushed peanuts or cashews if you wish.
Sodium: 946mg | Calcium: 120mg | Vitamin C: 187mg | Vitamin A: 1212IU | Sugar: 18g | Fiber: 9g | Potassium: 1047mg | Calories: 217kcal | Saturated Fat: 1g | Fat: 2g | Protein: 12g | Carbohydrates: 45g | Iron: 3mg
If you dig this recipe, check out these other vegan recipes below!
- Vegan Cinnamon Roll Smoothie
- Plant Protein-Packed Pasta Sauce!
- Vegan Veggie Cheese Sauce
- Creamy Squash and Thyme Soup
- Avocado Green Goddess Dressing