The Magical Beet Juice Recipe
This drink is not just beautiful to look at, it is stocked full of nutrients as well! One glass of this beet juice is full of antioxidants, rich in Vitamin C, and helps us to absorb Iron. Amazing, huh?! Take a look below at all the benefits of this drink and how to make one for yourself!
Benefits of Beet Juice!
100 grams of beetroot juice has 325 grams of potassium
It helps to manage your blood pressure! The nitrates in beets allow more oxygen to flow to your brain, heart, and muscles.
Glowing, beautiful skin! Beetroot juice acts a great blood purifier and is rich in Vitamin C.
Allows you to detox naturally! These beauties provide powerful antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and detoxification properties. Beets act as a wonderful liver cleanser and flushes out toxins.
Energy and stamina! This juice is so great early morning or pre-workout because it helps to open the blood vessels and increase the flow of oxygen throughout the body. One of my favorite ways to wake up!
Great for the digestive tract! Beetroot juice pulp is full of fiber (so don’t strain all of that good stuff out!) which helps regulate your digestive tract. Great for constipation relief! Tip: This is a great juice to have for an upset stomach!
- 1 large beet Washed/Peeled/Diced
- 2 medium-sized apples cored and diced
- 5 carrots peeled and diced
- 1 knob ginger this depends on your taste so please taste test before adding a lot! I like a big piece in my juice. Peel lightly before adding to juice or smoothie machine
- If using a juicer, simply add all ingredients to juicer, strain (I like to keep the pulp in mine so I use a mesh-strainer but you can use a nut milk bag for zero pulp), mix and enjoy! Drink fresh for best nutrients.
- If using a blender, add all ingredients and blend on high. You may need to add 1/4-1/2 cup water or apple juice to get the ball rolling. Once blended smooth, use a mesh-strainer or nut milk bag. Drink fresh for best nutrients!
The beet is raw, I assume, not cooked right?
Yes, raw beets are best to use for nutritional value:)
Trying this first thing in the morning. Will love to get other smoothie recipes
Yay! Please let me know how it turns out :). We really do need to shoot more recipe photos for our smoothies – we have over 300 in our library for the meal plans. I’ll start on that ASAP! The boys are turning 3 in a few weeks and I am finding a lot more time to actually create and shoot the photos which has been such a welcome change of pace!
The beet juice is so amazing the first time I tried it. it was so delicious and it does boost up your metabolism.
So happy you loved it! I am such a huge fan of this juice 🙂
This recipe is just simply delicious and do quick to prepare. Is it a liver detox? How often can I drink it? Is it more effective first thing in the morning on an empty stomach?
Hi Linda! I love this juice so so much. This is a wonderful drink that you can have daily. I love to drink it in the morning for an energy boost and to start my day off right. I also find it great to drink before a run or workout – it has been found to help with stamina as well as lower blood pressure. Most doctors recommend having beet juice first thing in the morning, about an hour before breakfast. It’s also best to drink it right after juicing to reap all of the nutritional benefits. As for the liver detox, beets are naturally high in glutathione and omega-3 fatty acids, which all provide support to natural liver cleansing. Woo hoo!