My Favorite Vegan Kidney Bean Salad in Just 5 Minutes!
Got a couple of cans of beans, a couple of cans of corn, and some basic veggies?? Welp, then you are all set to make my favorite vegan kidney bean salad in under 5 minutes!
When I first made this, I was in shock that just a couple of lemons and simple seasonings could tie this entire recipe together. I like to eat it as is for a light spring/summer salad, paired with a baked potato and avocado for a fantastic lunch, or wrapped up with lots of delicious greens! Such a versatile recipe that can be used all year long and with the absolute basic ingredients.
Any veggies work for this. You can add in diced broccoli, cauliflower, and cucumber if you wish!
P.s. How are you all doing during this lock-down/quarantine/self-quarantine/self-isolation time? We are sharing as much as we possibly can to help our community prepare, stay creative, stay sane, and above all, stay positive! You can watch us live on our Instagram or Facebook to check out our daily pantry recipes, daily DIY home recipes, or even kid-play ideas!
Here are a few helpful blog posts in case you need them:
How to Prepare for a Pandemic (Our Personal Cheat Sheets to Prepare for the Corona Virus)
Our Favourite Vegan Probiotics and Prebiotics for a Healthy Gut and Immune System
30-Minute Vegan Meal Prep for the Cold & Flu Season
Indoor Activities for Toddlers: Simple and Easy At-Home Ideas for Toddler Play!
Vegan Chicken-Less Noodle Soup
5-Minute Vegan Kidney Bean & Vegetable Salad
- 1 red onion diced small
- 1 red bell pepper diced small
- 1 zucchini diced small
- 2 celery ribs diced small
- 2 lemons squeezed
- 1 small handful parsley roughly chopped or minced
- 2 cans kidney beans rinsed well
- 2 cans corn rinsed well
- 1-2 tbsp dried herbs/spices of choice I recommend an italian or grilled vegetable mix (oregano, basil, thyme, rosemary, etc).
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse and drain the beans and corn and add to a large bowl. Dice all of the vegetables and herbs small and toss with the beans. Squeeze two lemons and add seasonings of choice (I chose to go with sea salt, pepper, oregano and basil). Toss up and serve!