2 Way Sweet Potato Toast!
Potatoes are a huge hit with our twin boys and so I am constantly trying to find ways to sneak healthy fats like seeds/nuts/avocados in the mix!
I tried sweet potato fries with guacamole (surprisingly good!), Okinawa potato mash with raw cashews as a secret blend formula and more but THIS is the one that is a hit EVERY SINGLE TIME!
If you have had enough oatmeal, scrambles and avocado toast for a lifetime ( I feel you!) then try this bad boy. You can do breakfast with any kind of nut/seed butter and top with granola/flax/hemp/chia/chocolate chips….. OR you can make a quick snack with some yummy hummus and greens!
Feel free to mix this up with any kind of potato and for adults you can just slice the sweet potato in half LONG wise (much bigger serving!).
Sweet Potato Benefits
Sweet potatoes are starchy root vegetables that are rich in fiber, vitamins, and minerals. They’re also high in antioxidants that protect your body from free radical damage and chronic disease.
Contain fiber and antioxidants that promote the growth of good gut bacteria and contribute to a healthy gut.
1 cup of sweet potato provides>
- Vitamin A: 769% of the Daily Value (DV)
- Vitamin C: 65% of the DV
- Manganese: 50% of the DV
- Vitamin B6: 29% of the DV
- Potassium: 27% of the DV
- Pantothenic acid: 18% of the DV
- Copper: 16% of the DV
- Niacin: 15% of the DV
2 Way Sweet Potato Toast
- 1 large sweet potato sliced into circles for kids or lengthwise for a nice big toast
- Nut/Seed Butter of choice
- Seeds/Cacao Nibs/Chocolate Chips/Granola/Coconut shreds...whatever you have!
- Hemp Seeds
- Preheat oven to 400F/200Peel and slice sweet potato to your liking.
- Place sweet potato onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes depending on size.
- While the potatoes are baking, prep toppings!
- Once potatoes have finished, let cool for a few minutes and then layer the toppings on.